Some trends might come to fruition in 2023, as predicted, or they might take longer. Some might fizzle out completely, depending on viability and potential tech customer adoption.
In any case, it’s exciting to look ahead and see what’s possible, so let’s explore together.
Top 5 Tech Trends of 2023
In our research regarding new trends, we found some for 2023 that seem like they have a lot of promise in the business landscape.
Here are the five top tech trends we believe show a lot of potential in 2023.
1. Optimizing IT Systems for Resilience, Operations, and Trust
Most businesses are trying to find ways to optimize IT systems to ensure better reliability, enhance data-driven decision-making, and maintain value. These things are incredibly important as artificial intelligence (AI) takes a firmer place in systems production.
Here are a few ways tech leaders are working to optimize systems:
- Applied observability works with the data sent by a business. It uses AI to analyze data and make specific recommendations. It allows the business to make quicker and more accurate business decisions for the future. When applied systematically and correctly, applied observability can reduce latency responses and optimize operations in real-time.
- AI TRiSM, or AI Trust Risk & Security Management, was developed to support AI model governance, trustworthiness, fairness, reliability, robustness, efficacy, and data protection. Combining methods to explain AI results and rapidly deploy new models actively helps to manage AI security to control privacy and ethics issues.
- Digital immune systems help enhance customer experience by combining several software engineering strategies to combat risk. This trend delivers resilient systems to mitigate operational and security risks.
2. Scaling to Accelerate Vertical Offerings
Many businesses see the value in providing vertical offerings for clients and are seeking ways to do so to increase product delivery timelines and enable great connectivity.
Here are some key ways businesses are attempting to scale their efforts:
- Platform engineering gives businesses a specific set of curated tools, processes, and capabilities packaged for easy understanding and consumption by developers and end-users. With this trend, businesses can help to increase the end user’s productivity and reduce the burden and stress on internal development teams.
- Industry cloud platforms, combining PaaS, SaaS, and IaaS, using tailored and industry-specific tasks and functionality to help businesses navigate them more easily. They can then adapt to the never-ending stream of industry disruptions more quickly and effortlessly.
- Wireless-value realization focuses on providing wireless network services. It covers things like traditional end-user computing, digital tagging solutions, and support for edge devices. These types of networks go beyond connectivity to provide real-time information and other location-related insights from analytics. Further, it allows systems to harvest network energy directly.
3. Pioneering to Enable Business Model Changes
Pioneering also allows businesses to reinvent engagement with customers and employees, allowing for accelerated strategies to tap into new virtual industries and markets.
Here are a few pioneering strategies businesses are following:
- Adaptive AI enables model behavior change at the post-deployment stage. It does this by using real-time feedback and continuously retraining models and learning during runtime and within development environments based on adjusted goals and newly acquired data. It allows for quick adaptation to adjust to ever-changing real-world circumstances.
- Super apps combine the features of an app, platform, or ecosystem into one application. More than a composite of applications aggregating services, a Super app supplies a platform for third parties to work together to publish their own mini-apps.
- Metaverse has become a frequent conversation topic in the past few years, but it seems like things might move forward in bigger ways in 2023. This environment allows people to mimic or enhance daily physical activities. Metaverse allows for the transportation or extension of physical activities into a virtual world. It also makes it possible to transform the physical world. This combinational world innovation is made up of multiple technology capabilities and themes.
4. Sustainable Technology Has Become an Important Discussion
There is hardly a corner of the business landscape that isn’t discussing the importance of sustainability. It is not surprising that sustainable technology has joined the conversation. The efforts to deliver technology on its own will no longer be enough going into 2023 and beyond. With that, tech experts have been working on sustainable technology as a framework of solutions to increase efficiency.
Sustainable technology enables a business to use technologies such as analytics, traceability, and emissions management software combined with AI to help their customers achieve their sustainability objectives. The goal is to create a sustainability chain, starting from the top.
And as investments into sustainable technology grow, they will likely create greater financial performance and operational resiliency to provide even new avenues of growth, making those investments invaluable over time.
5. Work-From-Home Cybersecurity Gets Better
Over the past few years, it has become clear that more jobs can be performed at home or otherwise away from a traditional office setting. That means it is more important than ever to enhance work-from-home cybersecurity. In 2023, it will become a priority for more and more organizations to secure millions of devices, as workers are more likely than ever to use personal or work devices connected to a business network in remote or home locations.
Is Your Business Planning to Adopt Any of These Tech Trends in 2023?
If your business is planning to adopt any of these new trends, our team at Baufest can surely be able to offer insights and assistance in helping you choose the right ones for your business. While it is exciting to think of investing in a new tool, service, or strategy to help your business thrive more efficiently, not all ideas are the same, nor do they offer the benefits you need.
Contact us to learn more about our tech offerings and how we can help you make the best choices for your business.